Saturday, January 09, 2010

Vow of Love

(In the years to come, he'll remember)

There is a fragrance which flows within the warmness of your glow
Casting shadows of remorse from the winds that swirl and blow
For I've been awaken by the loneliness of despair
From bitterness reflected off the destiny we once shared

It comes in deep vigils in the hollows of a captured heart
Like a scent known but to lovers who promised never to part
Flowing with passions of remembrance sparked by touching lips
I cry to the tune of a lonely melody of long forgotten bliss

In my walk in the dark with only dreams to touch your thoughts
I realize thru tears the fears, I should have never sought
Becoming a part of my foolish ways which lead me to stray
In search of another to please, why I couldn't say

So now I pay the reaper for this broken vow of love
He comes in sordid dreams I try so hard to shove
Bringing tasteless smell in the air not meant to forget
Of all the lingering memories I deeply regret

For in these scarlet ribbons which adorns your auburn hair
Reside the mournful feelings which we will never share
So I'll keep inside of me wherever I will go
The sentiments of one who lost the warmness of your glow

Written by Roland R. Ruiz
January 5, 2010

No comments: