Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Serenity


I wake to the hues of the morning sunlight
The moon, the stars, the rising mist
Pass serenely from the shadows which reach into the night
Leaving deep and lasting impressions from the cradle of this abyss

With messages from a guardian I'll soon turn into words
For that how thoughts arrive fading within my dreams
For they bring so many memories bound with many cords
I'll sort what comes my way between the jagged seams

Problems untied I've learned to caress with tender loving care
We who impart with similar thoughts ride a familiar track
A place of calm comprising serenity wee try so hard to share
So to those who ride along this road try never to look back

For the past contains only the history of a long forgotten page
It's what lies ahead that brings the challenge in the hue of a new day
Riding towards oblivion, we seek an opening from this cage
Upon this highway we've come to trek, I hope to find a way

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
December 14, 2009



No comments: