Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lost Forgotten Rhyme


Woven into the patterns of a lost forgotten rhyme
Resides the answer to a riddle half hidden in my mind
Secrets hashed between the seams of never ending schemes
Of the passion dearly held within the darkness of my dreams

Enticing fragments from sad memories to soothe an aching heart
Releasing the rapture of true light as I watch our love depart
Thinking if by changing would our hands entwine again
Like it did when we were courting, when slowly our love began

Will the specter of our yesterdays be the embodiment of drifting ways?
As we soar towards new goals without each other to have a say
So I'll take the unanswered riddle which is wrapped around my soul
As we leave in separate directions on a lonely road so cold

Remember well my dearest the passions we once embraced
For I hope you'll find the answer to what we left unlaced
As I seek an unknown territory without a clue to what I'll find
Knowing so well the sadness, from a lost forgotten rhyme

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
October 4, 2009


No comments: