Saturday, January 17, 2009

Popcorn


There's reasons why some poets
Can write the way they do
A few can pen words
Like pop corn popping over a hot griddle

While others will need time
As they search for rhyme beyond the stars
To be converged into a riddle
In the hunt for words to tune

There's envy in my thoughts
For the dreams which they compose
Some make it seem so easy
As they post their words of prose

To those of you who write this way
Like their is no tomorrow
I'll tip my hat to each of you
As I view with awe your power

So in the style, I've become accustomed too
Since I began to write
I'll try to unlock my mind
Which has become to rigid and tense

Hoping to find new ideas
I'll look towards the twinkling twilight
Praying to find what was lost
It lies around the bend, along the wooden fence

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
January 14, 2007

Thanks John, for lighting the way

No comments: