Friday, January 23, 2009

Retirement

I have been wondering what has caused my recent fears
On leaving behind a working life which has become a measure of me
For the better part of forty years, I've enjoyed more laughs then tears
It is the unknown winds, which stirs the clouds of doubt I'm unable to see

There is an air of uncertainty, deep within my soul
In my pace towards retirement in wait of the day, I am dreading to greet
Like nothing I have known before could I be getting old
Is age and retiring synonymous, when in the end they come to meet

It seems it was just yesterday I started down the road
With youth and vigor by my side I acted ever so bold
Speeding thru life haphazardly, not worried about the load
Until I met a women with one look she stopped me cold

With a lot of luck and common sense she became my loving wife
For thirty-three years she has been my fate, I wish for nothing more
When separation comes my way will changes abate my life?
A grand dilemma envelops me, for I know not what's in store


So I will ask for help from those of you, who has faced this very struggle
Hoping to find some answers to make a calm transition
For my wife deserves much better I wish to make no trouble
I always knew this day would come, I prayed without conditions

This is the ramblings of a man
Who is afraid of growing old?
For I remember so well the days
When I was young and bold

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
January 20, 2009


No comments: