Friday, December 26, 2008

Towards Oblivion

Arriving upon this mountain top, laying bare a joyous world
I gaze toward blue skies, above a blanket of white snow
Contemplating the struggles of my self inflected wombs
Breathing deeply I wonder about what lies beyond the shadows

Thinking how to survive on this road towards oblivion
I ponder of the path I'll take in the wake of life's embrace
A solitary mountaineer I've been half my life
Climbed so many mountains it would take one's breath away

Seen the majesty of God's labors from vistas no one would believe
I've prayed atop the highest peaks, for the help he gives for free
I've never felt more at peace, until the final crest is reached
This helps to heal the problems faced, from a place below my feet

So in the shorten time I spend upon this steeply rim
I'll confess my sins as I watch the sun slowly fade into the sea
From this contrast of snow and sky dictated the road I'll take
This helps me relate as I prepare for my descend

I've come to realize the ways of life are ours alone to make
So in these words you read my friends I give you this advice
No need to climb mountains to find your way in life
Just open up your soul, and purge your hurtful sins

For when you walk into his heart
You'll know just how I feel
Your life will never be the same
As you ascend towards his grace

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
December 14, 2008


No comments: