Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Eve on p2s

Dedicated: Janet Hampson

I had a dream the other night
About poetry2share
I dreamt I was a member
With friends around the globe
It was the eve of Christmas
Not having much to do
Decided to surf the Internet
To share a thought or to
I clicked on my favorite
To see who might be browsing
I looked for fellow members
Who frequent this poetry site
No Claude from the west coast
Who offers such sound advice
No Delta Blue from Dallas
To show the ills of war
Not even rider 1951
What poems he can write
Much too my amazement
Only puddles was online
So I thought just wait awhile
Maybe someone from England
Will pop in to say hello
After all it's Christmas Eve
They can't be all at balls
Maybe Doreen will appear
To share her uplifting prose
Or John will bring another fine piece
From memories of his past
Could Mystic be not far behind
With bells to chime a song
Come on Alan, dock your boat
Bring some posts for us to read
A portrait of words
From a lady who paints
Would place my mind at ease
No Vic or even a Silverlining
To share this site with me
So I'll take this time to say
To the poets I failed to mention
Remember this is just a dream
I mean no disrespect
So I'll convey these words to you
Before I bid adieu
Merry Christmas to all
To all a good night
From this poet in Texas
Who's in love with this site

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year
Fellow members
Puddles signing off

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
December 17, 2008

No comments: