Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fractured Dreams

Dedicated: Rachel Kohn

In-between the fractured dreams
Lie all the hopeless schemes
Of the unruly desires created by
The fall of so many extremes

In the silence of the dark
They awake me to what I've done
From the very ones who tried with tears
To give me all their love

This underscores a broken life
Leaving me unable to control my wayward soul
From insane ideas forged by youthful thoughts
From one so brazen and cold

As I approach the sunset of life
An expression of emptiness I feel
For the promises I could not keep
For the failures I've kept sealed

While the stillness of the night
Wakes me to the blindness of the day

I seek forgiveness from the errors
Committed by the judgment of my ways

So I'll ask with sadden heart
In the one who feels my pain
To heal the hurt, clean the heart
Of the sins which still remain

For when I reach the end
Of the long winding road we've shared
I want to be able to softly touch
Caressing the ones who cared

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 10, 2008

1 comment:

David Stokely said...

Very nice Roland.

Our prayers are with you all who are being pummeled by Ike this morning. . .