Friday, July 11, 2008

The Gift


I'm here to convey the memories from a long forgotten past
To share a gift which was given and lost from the kindness of a man

Arriving within the spirals in the pattern of my thoughts
Like the twilight bending a rainbow, which enlightens the luster of the breaking sun

Such wisdom he imparted to the children he loved so much
He tried to carve these sentiments to those who felt the strain

A man few remembered, for when he died no one wept
He left a void so empty, unfilled in the loneliness of his life

From the dreams lies his substance in the fantasies of my sleep
It all comes back in the remembrance of what he tried to give

As I approach the shadows in the autumn of my years
The words that I recall I now begin to feel

In the solace of the morning time, peace awakes my heart
A reminder of what was lost and now is found again

So I'll take to my grave all he did impart, in the wisdom he displayed
The epitaph which he left behind, will endear this precious gift

He may have died alone without tears to bid farewell
But he will be remembered for I have become a better man

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
July 1, 2008

No comments: