Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Shyness of Love




Dedicated To: Ernestina Ruiz

How I wish I could paint thoughts of love
I keep for you, inside your beating heart

What fantasies we would share together
On this magical path we'll travel, towards eternity

But I can only think of this, for I'm too shy to ask
If only I had the nerve, to risk it all for you

I know our moments spent together, would last the test of time
What music our love would make, as we glide across the clouds

The songs of joy, would fill our souls, and never would we part
But I'm ashamed, to even try, and take a chance with you

The beauty which your face in shines, is just too much for me
So I'll view, and ponder of the dreams, that could have been

As I watch another steal your heart, who's not to shy to ask

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
June 22, 2006

2 comments:

nanaursula said...

This particular poem has deeply impressed me and to me it is one of your best writes really.
An ode on pure love, which conveys so much emotion and a care that is hardly found in present times when love so often has a cheap taste.
Blessed those who still can feel that way and also those who receive these lines from the heart.
It is a "gem-poem", admired by your poetry sister Ursula

Roland R. Ruiz said...

Ursula, I think you from the bottom of my heart for your comment, it means so much too me. "An ode on pure love" what a lovely thought to share with your poetry brother. Roland......