Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Maze




Dedicated To: Ursula Steinhauser

In this turnaround called life to many known as fate
Lies two hands directing traffic, thru a maze called sin
As we shift and turn in our trek to another world
Goodness and evil stand side by side watching all who pass

With no movement by either side, they wait till we decide
To whom we'll turn and face, a choice we'll need to make
Towards the light towards the dark, there is no other choice
As I go forwards pondering, as to which direction to take

A decision I'll need to make before the judgment day
What hands shall I reach out, which choice should I make
My soul with free will given by the powers of the light
To render what I think is just within these ruthless walls

I'll ask the hands of righteousness to seal this heart with love
To bring me to the brilliance which lies within his globe
For in the powers of his love will guide me to the end
Opening the door to paradise, for the rest of eternity

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
May' 2006

1 comment:

nanaursula said...

Roland, this is such a deep poem which leaves the reader think over it and recognise facts which we often don't pay attention to.
I just fell for the very first line and there is so much to think about "fate" which to us can arrive pleasant or as a challenge but already decided by our Creator long before.
Like a guideline you have woven the red thread through the maze and it can really lead us to a clear understanding.
Thank you for this wisdom! Ursula