Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Vanishing Bees

(Camellias from Norma’s backyard)

I am a flower in Norma’s garden
If only the bees would beg my pardon
They steal from me my golden harvest
Then they buzz into the forest

I remember when they were many
Now you hardly see any
What’s causing this disappearance?
For they're magnificence in their appearance

I fear there is something amidst
The bees have gone their is no bless
Is Mother Nature at a lost?
For the bees are needed at all cost

They take the nectar I impart
Spreading it around as they dart
The shame will be when they're no longer here
In defiance spring time will jeer

When the bees vanish one less will share
The nectar of life I give with care
But time moves on, and so will I
Mother Nature will see that I survive

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
June 01, 2010

No comments: