Friday, April 23, 2010

Endless Change


There is a raging sea, deep inside of me
With howling winds which blow consistently
Holding a steady course, having no choice I follow
In search of a calm quailing the rage within the shadows

It lies beyond the realms of time
The bounds of destiny echoing thoughts of lost rhymes
Resounding atop the crest of ocean swells
I sail upon a ghastly ship spurred on by ship’s bells

They chime in the darkness beyond the mist and fog
Along with the taste of the sea spray which enthralls
My senses entranced by the waves that dance
Within this abyss of endless chance

I stand my ground surge towards the blatant starkness
That reveals who I am inside the cloud of doubtless jest
Unknown if this calling will be saintly
With hope this voyage ends gallantly

I’ll spin what’s left of my remaining days
Hoping I’ll fall into the shade
Which holds what I so often prayed?
A bay of containment, where I’ll be saved

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
April 6, 2010

No comments: