Thursday, March 04, 2010

Enticing Sins


Within the deepest pit of night
There lies what I conceal so tight
A part I try to keep untouched
In wait for the moment to be retouched

The feel of memories sadden still
By those departed with hearts so filled
With time captured by the hour glass
The sands in rapture form the past

A never ending collage of what might have been?
Parade inside the distance dreams which beam
Of ever flowing fears cascading into tears
Creating fading sorrows sown thru the years

Forming on a road with curbs which narrows
Enticing the sins which sting like arrows?
I continue to forge towards a goal unknown
Praying my soul is set free from the loams

Which surrounds the very essence of me?
As I approach the end, I'll look for the key
Seeking sinless strife, which comes in the light?
Thus opening the door to a much better life?

Everlasting it glows if one opens the heart
For tears of forgiveness will forever impart?
To receive these gifts reach out towards the hands
Extending from Heaven upon golden sands

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
February 12, 2010


No comments: