Thursday, September 10, 2009

Brighter Days


There is a calling that thrives within my tortured soul
It wakes me to imaginary dreams on an ocean so far away
Aboard a ship beneath the mast, enveloped by the cold
I strain to hear amid the fog the sounds of a distant buoy

A remembrance of forgotten times which lie beyond the realm
Of waves surreal fearlessly dancing between the cresting swells
Astounded I ride upon this painted sea, with hands around the helm
Praying the glittering sunlight will not wake me from this spell

There is a hope within ones heart
For brighter days to come
To change the gloom which fills the cart?
In the march to a beating drum

But now the bygone days have passed
I'll accept what falls my way
Waiting for the sun to set, hoping the nighttime last
Just long enough to take me back to where I have a say

So I'll reminisce of the past as I close my eyes to sleep
Where a ragging sea within a gale rejoices me no end
Though the years have passed me by I still have tales I'll share and keep
For I'm the master who steers this ship, towards the howling wind

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 18, 2009

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice place to visit Roland. As you know i have read quite a few of your poems and they are equally as good. My wish is that we all have "Brighter Days" to come... Thanks, John.