Friday, October 10, 2008

Fantasy of Fate

Between the shelters of reality, inside the fantasy we call fate
Lies the essence of all dreams, beyond the shadows of the gate

Like leaves tumbling from their branches amid the currents of the air
Shows the changing of the seasons as fall begins to flare

Life can be compared to what is shared in time's embrace
For nothing last forever, as our youth begins to race

Faster, faster then one can imagine, lines are formed upon our face
This comes in the way we live on highways we all chase

Life is short enough, why speed to the end of the road
As I watch from my window the coming season change my mode

In my trek across the destiny created by my fate
I’ve come to understand, thank God it’s not too late

So like the leaves which whirl around, onto the moisten ground
I'll use the years and days which are left, in my hope to be profound

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
October 07, 2008





No comments: