Sunday, November 18, 2007

Twilight of Time


Sealed within the shadows, in the twilight of time
Looms the memories of our wayward dreams

They come with all our yesterdays, as the early morning dawns
In this never-ending cycle, as the stars begin to dim

I think of the troubled years, we've shared along the way
The good, and bad, even the awful shame, never seems to fade

This appears to be a part of us, within the shelter of our hearts
A reminder of the treasures in life, as we entwine into the light

Upon that bridge of destiny, which is soon to enfold
We'll age with total grace, towards that final goal

But not before I tell you, how much you've meant to me
With sad regrets, I seldom mention, how I truly feel

The essence which dwells inside my soul, has always been for you
So in the travels to a new beginning, as our sun begins to set

Remember my dear, between the sorrows
Reside the tears of passion, I've always held for you

If you could just forgive, all the hurt I caused
I wish in the days remaining, to smother your thoughts with love

So take my hand, hold me tight, and never let me go
For in the time God grants to us, the best has yet to come

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
November 07, 2007





No comments: