Friday, August 10, 2007

Valley of Shadows


Into the valley of shadows, I walk with perilousness care
Not knowing where I'm going, not sure I even care

These dreams and more come to me, in the darkness of the night
As I seek to fine the peace of mind, within the brightness from the light

I fear what lays ahead of me, as the years slowly shows my age
Is their life on the other side, or does the finality end with me

So many questions abound, about what lies beyond the grave
Only death will bring the answers, to the knowledge, left unknown

So I'll place my faith in the one who knows, as I prepare to go my way
For the valley of shadows, which awaits for me, will no longer be of dreams

And the reality, not the finality will be my eternal reward
As I search to find my savior, in the brightness of his home


Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
August 4, 2007


No comments: