Monday, December 04, 2006

Shifting Swells


Dedicated To: The Skippers of the Velux5ocean Ultimate Solo Challenge

Beyond the blueness of the sea, beneath the pale moonlight
I ride the currents of the deep, aboard my solo yacht

Eight weeks out from Bilbao, and forging onwards to Fremantle, on the first leg of the trek
My thoughts of you begin and end, in the twilight of the lonely sky, towards the goal I seek

Each day goes by with memories of us, within my weathered crown
This helps preserve my sanity from being lost, in the ravages of this endless wake?

How I wish you where along my side, as I ride the shifting swells
For all the love I hold for you, I keep within my heart

Every moment alone on this ship of life, which protects me from the perils, which lay beneath my keel?
I hold the dreams that are yet to be, in the portals of our souls

Until this race around the world comes to a graceful end
And I'm holding you within my arms, so I can kiss your tears away

Then I'll know I've faced the test, done my best
And now, I'm here for you

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
December 02, 2006

No comments: