Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tortured Eyes


Dedicated To: Sabrina Ruiz

In between my tortured eyes, deep within my troubled soul
I see a heart full of hurt, left there by the one I love

Who's gone to fight in a war, so far away from home
A soldier's wife I've learned to be, but the clouds of doubt my Mother knew
Has been passed on to me, for off to war my father went in 1973

He did not get to see my birth, for Vietnam bound was he
And now the fears my Mother knew, has come to haunt me so

For in a jungle he did fight, a congressional medal was won by him
But at what price, the life he gave
Meant much more, then the medal he won that day

So their I grew in a world, without a Father to comfort me
To see me grow, into the woman I turned out to be
Oh, how I miss what he gave up, to defend a land across the sea

Now the circle has come around, my beloved, whom I love so much
Has gone to war, across the sea, to fight an enemy who knows no fear of death

I pray each day, to God above, to bring him home to me
To keep him safe, from the perils of death, which follows his every step

And break this cycle, I know so well, so our child, will know a Dad
For my tortured eyes will weep no more, when my husband comes back to me

No comments: