Friday, September 15, 2006

Waters of Life

Artwork courtesy of www.eaglezen.com

What if I could relive my life, and start all over again
Would I change my ways, I sometimes wonder as I asked myself

If all that I've ever done, could be placed in front of me
What choice would my soul select, for the rest of eternity?

Should I take the same road, in my trek thru troubled times?
Or would I change direction, and go where no harm can reach my heart

To play it safe, as one would say, and stay on the high side of life
Without the pain, to release the tears which resides so deep in me?

How often one must face this choice, in the daily chores of strife
For those who make this passage in time, on the road which leads to death

Have a decision that must be made, as we thread upon the waters of life
For in the end, a final choice awaits for each of us

To live in internal bliss, with the one who created all we've seen
Or stay forever without the love, he gives freely to one and all

It is for us to decide, for myself I have no fear, in the choice which I shall make
I'll ask his Son who died for me, to forgive my mortal sins

And hope and pray, my sins are cleansed, in the blood he shed for me
So I'll follow him to his Father's palace, and Heaven will be my home

Where I'll sing with all the Angels, and multitudes, which fill his house with love
There I'll bask in the glow of his everlasting grace, in the room he prepared for me

For all eternity

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
September 14, 2006























No comments: