Saturday, September 09, 2006

Golden Sands


Dedicated To: Evangeline, My Beloved

As I thread upon the golden sands
Which leads to thoughts of you?

I think of the years, shared together
In the sunshine of my dreams

They come at night to soothe my soul
This fills my heart with love

As I turn onto my pillow, from the softness of our bed
I see the total beauty, which lies within my grasp

I think of all we've accomplished, since we became just one
And wishing we could go back, to relive our youth again

For in the silken sands we've trodden, in our march thru time
Has brought to us a life of richness

Filled with love and laughter, along with many tears we've shed
To wash our pain away

I think of love ones, and friends, who shared our wedding day
How many have passed, to their just reward
Leaving only memories, to keep within our hearts

Our life has been a blessing, for all these many years
All that I have ever been, is due because of you

As I gaze upon the women who's made my life complete
I'll pray for God, to bless, the years he'll grant to us
And thank him for what he's given, in our trek thru life's embrace

One final thought I'll leave behind, as I drift back to my dreams
Grow old along with me; my beloved for the best is yet to be

Written by: Roland R. Ruiz
September 07, 2006

No comments: